Points to consider when choosing a new carpet:
- Make sure the carpet you choose is suitable for its intended location – some carpets are not suitable for stairs for example, where there will be a greater amount of wear. Others are more suited to bedrooms or sitting rooms.
- Check what your carpet is made of – wool, polyester, nylon, coir, even plastic bottles! All these different fibres perform in very different ways which will affect wearability, appearance and cleaning.
- Ask for a sample – how a carpet looks in the shop may well differ when in your own home, and also at different times of the day and night.
- Don’t skimp on the underlay. Underlay will also keep your new carpet looking good for longer and can prolong its life by up to 40%. It can benefit sound and heat insulation as well as improving the comfort and appearance of your carpet.
- Make sure your room is professionally measured – we can measure and plan correctly to ensure the maximum coverage for the minimum waste. Most rooms are not perfectly square.